Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Invisible Man Rap

Invisible Man Rap




You know you can’t see me

this is what describes my invisibility

but I see

how hard I work to fit in my family tree

fit in to what my grand pappy reached

now I understand the meaning of his speech

he spoke

more distant than under Harry Potter’s cloak

and now I’ve got to climb that long golden rope

to get to the place that I decided I would go

not harlem, not brooklyn

I’m not tryin’ to be crookin’

I just figured out what bledsoe was cookin’

and now it’s burnt

tried to pass it off as me getting work

professor filled with hate and he don’t know about my hurt

I’m talking about the fight

I got my eyes knocked but it’s them who cant see me in the light

I fight

I wage

and it’s you who turns the page

now I’m in my hole in a spectacle of light

and it’s my right

No comments:

Post a Comment