Friday, November 12, 2010

What makes me visible

I remember those times when I would speak but not be heard. Those weren't my words and I wasn't ever heard. I was looked at without being seen. It wasn’t until I learned not to talk that I was seen for then I did not have to be heard so for once I could be seen. It seems so clear to me now, talking gives an appearance thats not me. What makes me visible is my ability to be myself and be seen for who I am not for what someone wants me to be. What made me invisible is the fact that you could never see me but would never overlook me. Just because you could see me didn’t mean you knew me, for when you would see me I wasn’t me. Now if you happen to look at me, you will see me, for it is me. There is a greater chance I will be overlooked but there is no chance I will not be seen. This is an odd sense of reassurance one that drives me to stay silent and be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment