Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Caterpillar

My Caterpillar scheme

school, as familiar as home, is my prison. The routine: classroom-hallway-classroom, all individual cells building upon each other to hold me back. the layers, the layers of people entering and exiting congest me, forming a smell i know too well. But through this school, this prison, I find my escape. Moving quickly. one year, then another, I break for freedom. Driving me, independence and self success. The inmate yard, college, moves me from fear to excitement. the final step, the transition. And through this prison and its smog and its yard I move. Clearing, I am free. my scheme of escape used, I continue to work the maze, the scent of street my guide. But I have only known one smell and I realize I only know one plan, one scheme, to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment