Thursday, December 2, 2010

Love is the Drug that I'm Thinking of

Teachers have played a big role in my life. Or rather, some teachers have played a big role in my life. Throughout my education I have had countless teachers. Some that I have liked so much that I still think about them regularly, and some whose name I can’t even recall. There have also of course been the ones that I did not like and that I remember for my dislike. I can name a couple teachers who I have liked so much that they have had an effect on me beyond the schoolwork. Whether or not they have ever said anything that has helped me on my way to escaping is irrelevant, because if they have, I don’t know what it was. I believe that a teacher that I really like would have the ability to help me escape. I don’t know what they would say, but I think that a well placed statement from a teacher that I enjoy could affect me in a profound way. I don’t even know what or where I am planning to escape to though. Maybe that’s what the teacher will help me with. Maybe this advice will come not from a teacher I know, but one I am yet to meet. Or maybe it will never come at all and I will escape without the help of a mentor or a guide. I know that it is possible for a teacher to help me realize myself and my own desires and goals, but I do not know if it has happened yet or if it will happen at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment