Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Caterpillar Scheme

My Caterpillar Scheme

When I was six years old I used to picture my life as an adult I would steel my mothers high heels and make up and wear them all day long with my princess tiara and pretend to be a princess adult as I called it and now that is the way I am still seen. Every day here I am in the same old place each and every day. Boston Massachusetts the same old street, the same old house, the same old dinners, and the same old school. The six year old with the tiara, heels, and make up is my cocoon it is holding me back from being an adult it is trapping me. I am still seen as the baby the youngest and it is keeping me from who I can potentially be. And the people constantly telling me what to do just adds layers to my cocoon. Every day I hear you only sixteen, they try to make me their little girl and that is what holds me back. But the day I get to make my own decisions is the day I get that letter in the mail that says congratulations you have been accepted. That will be the moment I shed my cocoon it will be my decision it is my future that is when I will finally be an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment