Friday, December 3, 2010

There was a residuum of summer in the watery blue sky or he was exhausted by their charade or he didn’t stop until he reached the door

There was a residuum of summer in the watery blue sky, the air was brisk, near cool. The sun coming through the empty trees with the warm sky reminding me of what was to return. A cool breeze brings me back as I open the door. I look across the way and see him. He looks familiar, almost as if I had met him years ago. I do not bother approaching him for it would be a waste of my time. I already know him. He was exhausted by their charade, by their make believe version of life. I stood there in silence unsure if he could see him. I swear I know him from somewhere but where. He didn’t stop until he reached the door, the seriousness of his manner was evident in the crisp, clean, unfiltered air on that cool day. I look up at that watery blue warm sky. Something was familiar about this moment, this man, this day. I turn my attention back to the man just in time to see him for one last time before he slips away. I swear I remember this exact moment in time, this exact same day, this exact man. I look back up across the building he entered and toward the sky he left behind. This day was mine, this moment happened, this man was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment