Thursday, December 2, 2010

Teacher

What is something a teacher has, or might, say to you that had allowed you to begin your escape?

Those words changed my life, they allowed me to reach beyond, to bridge the gap between dreams and reality. The force of those words shook me to the core, not fiercely though, but like the subtle thrumming of an electric car. My whole being shook with awe, as I struggled to comprehend the seriousness of these words. I felt changed somehow, pieces fit together that didn't before, and I suddenly realized what to do, what I will do, and how I will accomplish my goals. To be honest, I was a little bit afraid of the change I had felt, but I pushed past my minor terror. I realized something, this change, these words had enacted something in me, I saw my chance, my voyage, and ultimately my escape. The gates of freedom I could see the words in my vision shining almost opalescently, paving the way to my escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment