Tuesday, September 14, 2010

All of Me


Blackness of my Blackness is an inner word
The depths of being summed up in a word
Surrounded by light my blackness of blackness is plain, simple
My blackness sums me up
The blackness is many things, but above all, it is mine
The depths are unseen, and clarity could only be found in death
But is that it? death? is that what makes me, me?
I only that blackness is nothing good or bad,
There is no rhyme nor reason to its character or nature,
Whether I define it or it defines me is unknown
In the end of thought a decision remains, I don't want to know the word.

1 comment:

  1. The biggest similarity I can see is that both Tim and Louis Armstrong are talking about something else being what they are made of. Louis says that all of his being is invested in one girl that he loves. Tim on the other hand is saying that the blackness of his blackness makes up all of what he is. The difference is that Louis is talking about love and Tim is talking about something much less tangible.

    ReplyDelete