Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nobody KNows The Trouble I've Seen



THE BLACKNESS OF MY BLACKNESS

The sickled shape cells of my body accumulate each day,

The cells behind my caramel colored skin,

The cells behind my dark brown eyes,

The cells that provide an option to think,

The cells that carry my head high

The cells that help me stand tall,

They all accumulate one after the other,

Pile on top of each other.

The circumferential, full, bountiful, perfect cells of my body push to get through.

Perfect cells push to be seen

Push to help inhabit a normal routine of that epitome of serene

Yet they struggle as the sickles take over.

Sickness takes over.

The blackness of my blackness does not come from my blackness

Upon my skins surface.

But the redness within,

Redness of the sickled cells that shape my body’s red anger

And puts all my

Hopes

Dreams

Aspirations

In danger.

1 comment:

  1. "Nobody knows my sorrow." Louie Armstrong sang that in his song and It relates to your cells no know knows the way you feel, the pain, the sickness. The Blackness or your Blackness is your sickness and it holds you back "nobody knows the trouble I've seen".

    ReplyDelete