Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What a Wonderful World


THE BLACKNESS OF MY BLACKNESS

the blackness of my my blackness
is hiding my inner whackness
the black is yourself you keep away from them all
moments and memories you don’t wanna recall
feelings that one shall hold
secrets that will never be told
emotions that you don’t want people to know about you
what you don’t know, is that they have them too
because feeling are contagious like the swine flu
the true question is, are you going to break through

2 comments:

  1. To compare "What A Wonderful World" and "The Blackness of my Blackness" is very difficult; both dealing with completely different concepts. Armstrong's song is joyous and looking on the bright side of things as opposed to a dull life; everything is expressive and detailed. However, "the Blackness of My Blackness" is very secretive because first of all, we do not know what the title is implying. The poem is almost written in a dark and kind of moody tone, almost as if the "blackness" keeps everyone to their own and brings out the dark side of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops.. I guess I'm supposed to find a link between the video and poem.. If anything, I think that the real comparison is the expression and emotion of yourself.

    ReplyDelete