Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Guilt

The narrator feels guilty for a number of reasons. I think he feels guilt for the situation he put Norton through in the previous chapter and I think he also feels guilty because Barbee is blind. I think he might also feel guilty because of his lack of belief. "This time it was music sincerely felt, not rendered for the guests, but for themselves; a song of hope and exaltation. I wanted to rush from the building, but didn't dare." He is surrounded by Barbee's faith and hope, but he himself feels neither even though he feels as if he should.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this post and I like how you integrated the quotations. I loved how you talked about the "lack of belief". I'm a little confused about your last line, what are you trying to say?

    ReplyDelete