Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Grass is Green

You are my lover because I do not know you, and I do not see you, but I feel you. I look at my boyfriend Jack, and all I saw is you. My lover, I have heard what you are up against. I have ease dropped into the conversation of the whites, and when I say that the grass is green. He will know what I mean. The grass is green, it is greener on the other side. You my lover, for whom I do not even know the name is the other side. Be touched, be shocked, yet I know you will never hear this again. For I know your future, I know your invisibility. I must leave now, never show my face again, however you are my lover and please know that the grass is green.
Adieu my friend.

2 comments:

  1. I like how the woman is addressing the protagonist, putting him on a pedestal. She's idealizing him like everyone else in the story (i.e. Mr. Norton) and sees him as a part of her destiny. You made her seem like a peaceful soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. well its not mine.... but its very nice. Very passionite and i feel as if you have captured the eyes of this lady. And using very good connections and actually using the book.

    ReplyDelete