Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Grass is Green

You are my lover because you are no one. You are invisible. You aren't you. There is no you, you see, for you to be- so you are whoever I want you to be. And the only person I want is my boyfriend in the room over from yours; you are nobody, so to me, you are him. Or at least, you're an extension of him. I don't mean any of this in the way you would think. I do not mean that I think you, physically, are him... I just mean that until he can hear my message, you will have to be him. The grass is green, and it seems like you could use someone to love you, to help you realize that you are not just extensions of other people, but a person yourself. Visible, and worth seeing.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way this piece begins. You have taken the concept invisibility to a new level, letting the protagonist's unknownness cause him to be a projection of people want. Actually, it may not be too different than how invisibility is defined in the book. I agree she (the narrator) has the power to make the protagonist visible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just mean that until he can hear my message, you will have to be him.

    I like that line because it ultimately summarizes the whole paragraph. It's a good paragraph that doesn't stray from the point and shows your thoughts well.

    ReplyDelete