Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Grass Is Green

You are my lover because when I saw you and you talked to me, I felt as though I knew you. I tried to talk to you as though I knew you. I am alone in this world. No husband to go home to, no pets or children to claim as my own. Family that lives out of the state takes a burden on me. Someday I wish to be taken over by two or three children; watching them grow, watching them play, and watching them struggle so I can guide them through troubled times so that when I am old and I am burdened with crippling age, they will do for me as I did for them. But I dream. At this moment, anyone will suffice, even you. I can see your shadowed face which is covered by something. Something that I am yet to understand. But for now, the fact that I feel comfortable exchanging the briefest of words with you, is just enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you created a deep story behind the girl. I could understand why she called him "lover' because you painted a scene that explained her pain and connection to the narrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. looking to the future and how this girl feels...deep man

    ReplyDelete